It’s been a few weeks since I’ve updated you with my One Room Challenge, bathroom makeover. I’ve had some hiccups…
First off, I’ve had a heck of a time picking the right paint color! I really wanted to add a bold color to the walls, but I couldn’t find the right shade. Nothing was working once I got it on the walls.
As you can see there was a lot of testing!! I even painted the entire bathroom in the bottom color on the left…only to realize I didn’t like it AT.ALL.
Here you can see the brown/taupe next to the original color. ↓
I ended up mixing two of the sample paints together to get the final color. It’s a super light beige. It looks like a soft white in the photos but is a little darker in person.
The exciting thing this week is the DIY vanity light that I made! This is the light that I wanted…but it was too small and retailed for $826. So, I decided to try and make a larger version.
It took some trial and error but I figured it out. My version cost me around $20. That’s a savings of over $800…and mine is larger.
I didn’t take enough pictures for a tutorial, but I have plans to make a similar one over the bathtub. I’ll share how I made it soon.
Besides the paint, I was also struggling with the color of the rug. I just didn’t love it as much in person as I did online. I swapped it with the rug from my entry and I like it SO much more. This rug is a tad too big, but I found a similar one online and it’s on its way. (My fingers are crossed that I like this one since they are all one-of-kind!)
I’m still not sure if the mirrors will stay and the artwork will change…BUT, at least there is some progress.
My to-do list is still pretty long:
- Install ceiling treatment
- Make curtains for shower and window
- Add bathtub details
- Decide on artwork
- Build storage
My goal for next week is to get the ceiling installed. Wish me luck!
Be sure to check out all the other ORC guest participants here.