Week 2 of the One Room Challenge is officially over for me! I decided to take on an extra project that I hadn’t planned on in my original design… a wall treatment. As I mentioned last week, my daughter chose white for the walls (I didn’t even have to nudge her to that decision! 😉 ). After I painted and moved all the furniture, I decided that it felt too flat. (I’ve also realized that I have a thing for adding texture to walls.)
Here’s the freshly painted walls:
I was also trying out the bedding. I wanted the girls to each have their own bedding, which has been a little bit of a challenge!
I didn’t want to spend a lot on the walls, so I decided to make 2’x2′ squares of masonite board and space them out. I had the hardware store cut the pieces and it was less than $25 in materials.
It might not have been the best idea, since I didn’t always hit a stud, but it was cheap and a relatively quick project. It took me a couple of hours one afternoon to hang it and another hour or so to paint them all.
I’m happy with the results and now I just need to figure out what else is going on the walls!!