Have you ever needed to paint something but the thought of all the prep work is a little overwhelming?!? I would highly suggest using chalk paint. There is virtually no prep work needed and it’s very easy to apply. Check out this first video, where Sara explains what to do to get started.
7 Tips for Using Chalk Paint
1. Chalk paint requires almost NO prep work!! If it’s super dirty you might need to wipe it off, but otherwise you are good to go.
2. About 30 minutes before you want to start a project, turn the can over. It will help “stir up” the paint.
3. An inexpensive chip brush works the best, but sometimes it will leave bristles. Just remove any bristles that fall out as you are painting with your finger tips.
4. Don’t completely submerge your brush into the paint. Try to keep it just on the tip of the brush…the paint dries very quickly.
5. Because the paint dries so fast, try to keep the lid on the can while you are working.
6. Short brush strokes work best and YOU DON’T HAVE TO MAKE IT PERFECT! The best part about chalk paint is the variations.
7. Most pieces take two coats, so while you are waiting for the paint to dry put your brush in a plastic bag.
If you need a specific paint color, be sure to check out our post on How to Mix Chalk Paint for the Perfect Color.