Today Sara (from sincerely, sara d.) and I are really excited to share some tips with you about using wax on chalk paint. This is a question I get SO often and isn’t as straightforward as you might think! 🙂
Tips for Using Wax on Chalk Paint
- ALWAYS apply clear wax FIRST, especially if you are going to use dark wax!
- Wax is like lotion, less is more. You only need a small amount.
- It’s best to use a wax brush but you can also use cheese cloth or a lint free cloth (such as an old t-shirt).
- If you have too much dark wax or it got on an area you didn’t want, you can “ERASE” it using the clear wax. *This only works when you have applied the clear wax first.*
- Once you are finished applying the wax, use a lint free cloth to buff the entire piece.