Halloween seems to sneak up on me every year!! I have never been a huge fan of the holiday, but since my kids have gotten older I have given in and we do some decorating and a few crafts every year. I like quick changes for Halloween that are cheap…because I only leave these decorations up for two weeks tops.
This DIY MUMMY Pillow is one of my favorites!
- small pillow (preferably white or off-white)
- light colored fabric (I used a drop cloth)
- black marker
- a few safety pins
- Optional: white felt and fabric glue
- Start by cutting the fabric into a few long strips. (It’s best to “rip” the fabric strips.)
- Completely wrap the pillow in the strips and use safety pins to secure it on the back.
- Now use the black marker to make large eyes or draw them on a piece of white felt and cut out. (The white felt helped them stand out a little better, but you might need to use a little fabric glue to hold them in place.)
4. Finally, wrap a second layer of fabric around the pillow and leave a small opening for the eyes to “pop” out! Secure the ends with safety pins and you’re finished.
I had all the supplies, so this project was free and only took about 10 minutes to put together. It’s a fun little addition and can be easily removed after Halloween.
Be sure to check out more quick and easy Halloween crafts, HERE! 🙂
Nana Diana says
How cute!!! That is quick and cute and the kids would LOVE it! xo Diana
Made me LOL! Fun and cute. Still smiling. Well done.
Pat Markley says
That is a scream! You tickled the —- out of me!