Halloween seems to sneak up on me every year!! I have never been a huge fan of the holiday, but since my kids have gotten older I have given in and we do some decorating and a few crafts every year. I like quick changes for Halloween that are cheap…because I only leave these decorations up for two weeks tops.
This DIY MUMMY Pillow is one of my favorites!
- small pillow (preferably white or off-white)
- light colored fabric (I used a drop cloth)
- black marker
- a few safety pins
- Optional: white felt and fabric glue
- Start by cutting the fabric into a few long strips. (It’s best to “rip” the fabric strips.)
- Completely wrap the pillow in the strips and use safety pins to secure it on the back.
- Now use the black marker to make large eyes or draw them on a piece of white felt and cut out. (The white felt helped them stand out a little better, but you might need to use a little fabric glue to hold them in place.)
4. Finally, wrap a second layer of fabric around the pillow and leave a small opening for the eyes to “pop” out! Secure the ends with safety pins and you’re finished.
I had all the supplies, so this project was free and only took about 10 minutes to put together. It’s a fun little addition and can be easily removed after Halloween.
Be sure to check out more quick and easy Halloween crafts, HERE! 🙂