Holy cow, this sandwich is SO good!! (I might have even eaten it several times in the last week! 😉 ) What really makes this outstanding is the lemon and basil aioli…the aioli will take just about any sandwich over the top.
Lemon Basil Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of basil paste or fresh basil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, place mayonnaise, lemon juice or Young Living Essential Oil drops, Dijon mustard, basil and minced garlic.
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
Substitution Option: 2 drops of Young Living Lemon oil in the place of lemon juice Instructions
I use Young Living’s lemon oil as a substitute for the fresh lemon because I always have it on hand. As a reminder, NEVER use any oil other than therapeutic grade.
Ingredients for Roast Beef and Lemon Basil Aioli sandwich:
sliced deli roast beef, ciabatta or sour dough bread, red onion, lettuce, lemon basil aioli
Spread the aioli onto the bread, then layer the roast beef, onion slices and lettuce.
Give this sandwich a try and let me know what you think!