Adding drama doesn’t always take a lot of money. This year for my Fall mantel I decided to use pages from an old book. This project cost less than $1.
Here’s what you will need: old book, stapler and scissors
1. Tear out pages.
2. Cut small stacks into leaf shapes
3. Fold the leaves in half to create a 3 dimensional shape.
4. Staple the leaves together in a staggered pattern. The length will depend on how long or short you want it. This will flow out from the flower to create a “vine” look.
5. Create a flower by crunching a page together at the center. Use staples to hold it together and add more pages around it to create the petals.
6. Once the center of the flower is big enough, start adding “leaves” to the outside. The “leaves” will just be bigger petals.
7. To make the center larger, just group multiple flowers together.
8. Hang your flower and leaf vine together. I used packing tape to attach it to my mirror, but use what ever method works best for you.
To see all the details from my Fall mantel, click here.