This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of FrogTape Brand Painter’s Tape. All opinions are 100% mine. The weather has been so nice here in central Indiana these past few weeks! I have been spending a lot of time outside working on our backyard. One thing I have wanted to update for a few years is our patio furniture. I got it on Clearance a few years ago at the end of summer. It would not have been my first choice but it was within the budget I was willing to spend. It’s a simple set in a very neutral color tone. I’m still not quite ready to fork over the dough for a more expensive version, so I thought I would try to update the pieces I have. I originally wanted to recover the cushions, but that just seemed like too much work! 😉 As my daughter has started to say (she’s lived with me too long), “Just paint it!” So that’s what I did. This is a project that anyone can do and it cost me less than $20. Here’s how to add stripes and easily transform your patio furniture!
Supplies Needed: FrogTape® Multi-Surface, large square, fabric paint, sponge brush
1. Start by lining up the square on the edge of the cushion and setting your first piece of tape. This will ensure you have straight lines.
2. Continue using the square as a guide for the lines. The tape will create a line of it’s own.
3. Once you have set the tape go back over each piece, making sure it’s adhered well to the fabric.
4. Use the fabric paint and a foam brush to paint in-between each piece of tape.
5. Remove the tape and let the paint completely dry!
I love the look of the “new” furniture! The stripes brighten it up and add some extra texture.
One tip: Make sure you are diligent in pressing the tape down and making sure the fabric isn’t wrinkled. This was a wrinkle and it bleed through a little.
The lines came out super crisp because FrogTape® is the only painter’s tape treated with PaintBlock® Technology. PaintBlock is a super-absorbent polymer which reacts with latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, preventing paint bleed. It’s basically AWESOME and since I’ve started using it I haven’t bought any other tape!
Here’s what the space looked before…
Pretty amazing, right!?
What fun projects will you use FrogTape® for?Share on Facebook