If you read my post last week about Pinterest, then you know that I challenged myself to try 5 different “pins” this week. My first project is a Kindle, Nook or iPad cover tutorial made out of an old book.
This is the inspiration pin HERE.
There wasn’t a tutorial for it, so I played this one by ear. All in all, this was a simple project.
1. Cut out the center of the book. I just used the blade of the scissors and cut along the spine.
2. Open up the cereal box (thin cardboard) and trace along the outside of the book. Cut inside the lines, so that it is slightly smaller than the book.
3. Use the cardboard cutout as a template and add about a 1/2″ around the edge.
4. To attach the elastic, I just used hot glue around the edges and cut slits in the side to pull the elastic through. I used the Kindle as a guide for where I wanted the elastic to go and just “eyeballed it.”
I think it came out pretty good for my first attempt with no instructions.
Difficulty: Fairly easy (beginner)
Time it took: 45 min.
Cost: $0 (had everything on hand)
Finished Product: Useable and cute!
I would say PROJECT #1 was a success! Can’t wait to try something new tomorrow…Who’s with me?!?
Latest posts by Angela (see all)
- DIY Charging Station (that looks pretty) - August 31, 2015
- DIY Large Wall Art for less than $20 - August 28, 2015
- Auctions 101: How to Decorate Your Home and Spend Less - August 26, 2015