cool summer nights and finished firepit

DIY Outdoor Fire Pit

We have been having some REALLY weird weather here lately.  On Friday it was cold!?!?  Growing up in Texas, this is very strange to me, but hey I’m rolling with it because soon it will be so hot I’ll wish it was cool.

It made for a perfect night for an outdoor fire and our new firepit has been used so many times already.  It was definitely worth the investment in time and energy! ;)

DIY Outdoor Fire Pit

I realized that I never showed you any finished pictures with mulch and {tiny} plants. And if you didn’t see how we made the patio, check it out here.

DIY Outdoor Fire Pit

DIY Outdoor Fire Pit

Here’s a picture to give you an idea of the whole space…and Molly chill’in in the cool weather.

DIY Outdoor Fire Pit

This was the space before we stained the decks grey and added the patio.
You can see all the before pictures here.

DIY Outdoor Fire Pit

We still have quite a bit left, but the space is so nice the way it is that there’s no big hurry.

The girl’s were “freezing!”

After the sun went down, it was really nice.  You can see just how much my husband LOVES the iPad.  He can take his baseball games outside.  {I don’t get the obsession with sports and he doesn’t get my obsession with home improvement…we’re a good fit!}

~Angela

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
TDC Before and After

Comments

1. says

It looks amazing Angela! We would love to create a space like this so badly and have visions of ripping out our deck someday to install a patio. There is just nothing quite like sitting outside around a fire! You guys did a great job and it is truly beautiful! :-)
    Vanessa

• says

Thanks, Vanessa! It’s been a slow process, but my vision is slowly coming together. The lust plants are just NOT happening…they all die! :?

2. says

Turned out GREAT! Isnt it just so relaxing to spend those long summer nights by the glow of the fire?Were totally down with the smores too:)) Beautiful and cozy spot enjoy!

3. Judy says

I love your fire pit. What size is the pan you used, approximate cost and where can it be purchased?

• says

Hi, Judy! The ring is approx. 31″ on the inside. We got it as a kit (with the surrounding stones) at Lowe’s for around $200. I’m pretty sure they still carry it. If you live close to a Menard’s they carry something similar.

4. says

This is exactly the layout I am looking to do in my backyard, only a bit bigger. I was having trouble picturing exactly where the fire pit should be placed and I love how you have yours near the edge.

Trackbacks